325-327 BAWDEN STREET
Welsh Whiteley Architects completed renovations, design and project management of this three-story concrete building. The original 1946 building held the heating plant, laundry and nuns' quarters for the adjacent, former hospital.
Uninsulated concrete exterior walls and floor slabs were upgraded with interior wood trims, blown-in cellulose insulation, new framing and new windows. Electric heat pumps provide low-cost heating for the upper two levels.
The building is now occupied by the offices of Welsh Whiteley Architects and Bawden Street Brewing Company.